Abowire uses Reference Transactions
This option, which is deprecated since January 2017, is a combination of Express Checkout and Reference Transactions, which is based on an old NVP/SOAP API.
Integration steps as a customer
The customer looking to use PayPal as a gateway in Abowire needs to go through the following steps:
- Create a developer account at https://developer.paypal.com and login.
- In Sandbox > Accounts, open the business account details, go to the API Credentials tab and copy the NVP/SOAP Sandbox API Credentials. This is needed when connecting PayPal in Abowire
- When going Live, the customer needs to request enabling Reference Transaction for the live account. This is done via PayPal Customer Support. See below "Reference transactions activation"
- Login to Sandbox PayPal using the Sandbox generated business account
- Go to Account Settings, Notifications, Instant Payment Notifications > Edit.
- Enable IPN and enter Abowire's webhook URL: https://api.abowire.com/payment/gateway/paypal/notification/sandbox